Tonight, the FSFE team Netherlands will arrive at SHA2017 and set up a village for FSFE. SHA-camp is a non-profit hacker-camp in the the Netherlands, similar to the CCCamps in Germany. During 5 days the FSFE will offer a public space for and by our members, friends and supporters to discuss, meet, hack and organise. Find an overview of our sessions and other specialties in this blog post. Find all details and updates on our dedicated FSFE-village-page. Let’s put the hacking back into politics!
Our curated track:
- Friday, August 4, 17:20: Public Money Public Code by Polina Malaja @ the Italian embassy
- Friday, August 4, 22:15: F-Droid: Pimp your Android(-fork) with the best Free Software apps by Erik Albers @ the Italian embassy
- Saturday, August 5, 12:30: Free Software in the Dutch public sector by Nico Rikken @ the Italian embassy
- Sunday, August 6, 18:20: Secure communications hardware by Maurice Verheesen @ the Italian embassy
- Monday, August 7, 11:10: How to make use of democratic elections for your own purpose by Erik Albers @ Stage 1
- Monday, August 7, 12:30: What code are you running? by Nico Rikken @ the Italian embassy
Free Software Song sessions
Everyday at the FSFE village, we will run a Free Software Song sing-along-session. In addition, and for the first time, we start a project to bring together a choir who performs the Free Software Song. You can read additional details and background about it in my previous blogpost.
The ultimate Free Software challenge
More or less anytime you can come to our village and try the ultimate Free Software challenge that will let you dig deep into the history of Free Software, so deep that you might reach the big-bang-moment of Free Software. Be prepared for an inspiring and challenging journey and bring some friends (or any randomly allocated companionship) to pass it together.
New promotion material and textiles
We will bring our all-time favorites as well as new promotion material to our village. New ones are the FSFE logo on a die-cut sticker, a Hacking for Freedom sticker and a Free your Android sticker. New textiles are a FSFE-hoody in burgundy and bibs.
Still hacking anyway!